Then, JeffO over at The Doubting Writer tagged me in a Ten Things tag after sharing some very interesting facts about himself. Thanks for the mention, Jeff.
I'm hoping that Jeff and Becky will forgive me if I sort of combine the requirements of the award with the tag (both require that I share a list of facts about myself). I'll be hard pressed to match either of their lists, in interest or in entertainment value - go check out their lists if you haven't already.
So, here goes, a list of unknown facts about yours truly:
- This one was inspired by Jeff's pumpkin paddling: I once made a boat out of nothing but cardboard and Elmer's glue and raced it against others in my High School swimming pool.
- I've loved steak tartare (raw minced beef) since I first tried it in Paris. When I ordered it in my terrible French, the waitress asked me three times if I really understood what it was (twice in French, and once in English - she really didn't believe I knew what I was ordering).
- I completed one semester of a professional baking course at a culinary school.
- I was once so broke that I lived out of my car for two months.
- I've worked as a flight attendant.
- I've had purple hair.
- I'm a poor swimmer - never properly learned to swim - and I'm afraid of the water. I prefer to do my "swimming" in the shallow end of the pool.
- I used to play the cello.
- My swearing would make a sailor blush. Perhaps not my best quality.
- I enjoy studying different languages. I'd love to live in different countries in order to soak up their languages.
Now, I must list some of my favorite blogs:
In other blog news, I am finally done with travel for a while. Well, for at least a month. Here's hoping that some uninterrupted home time will allow me to get back to blogging on a regular basis.
Posted by Jennifer B. at The Writing Cocoon.